Monday, July 13, 2009

Anxiety...

I've been having a lot of anxiety about this pregnancy. The spotting I mentioned before worries me, even though our doctor doesn't seem too concerned about it. We did have an ultrasound last week, and saw that the baby was healthy and growing at that time, but for some reason, I can't help but worry. I worry a lot anyway, and I think this shift into motherhood is only making my anxiety worse!

Yesterday was particularly excruciating. My spotting was worse than ever, even though it really wasn't too bad. It made me VERY nervous. We had an open house yesterday for our congregations, and one of our church members is a nurse. She asked me how I was doing, and I told her about what had been going on. She told me that she wasn't too concerned since I had been doing it from the start, and had a successful ultrasound. She also told me about her miscarriage though. It helped me to kind of understand what I would be feeling/seeing if I were to miscarry. Calmed me at first to know that my symptoms aren't all that bad. But later last night, I couldn't sleep. Every gurgle of my stomach, every little anything sent a jolt of fear through me, and I laid there in bed most of the night worried for this little baby of mine.

I know the stress that I experienced last night is NOT good for the baby, but I had a really hard time calming myself. I'm hoping that this anxiety goes away soon. It only adds to my nausea!

Prayers are of course appreciated...for me and this little Squooshy, and for Matt too! He thought I was a handful before - he doesn't know what's coming!

2 comments:

  1. that little baby of yours is just making a home in your uterus. try not to stress, let the little one do his/her job, and trust that your body is doing what it needs to make the proper home for squooshy over the next 9 months. everything will be fine! we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiety is no fun. When I was pregnant with Hunter, I spotted, too. I ended up having an ultrasound every month for the whole pregnancy. That was cool because I got to see the progression. My first one was at 5 weeks. It ended up being implantation spotting. They said once you get past 13 weeks the odds are much better of it being ok. Unfortunately, I let the anxiety get the best of me for the first 5 mos. Until I felt him move inside me. After that, I knew everything was going to be ok. I didn't really know the Lord then. You have a great advantage over me. Cast your anxiety upon the Lord for He cares for you. Let him cradle your womb and your heart.

    ReplyDelete