Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Daddy-to-be Chimes In

Katie asked me the other day why I hadn't posted anything to this blog yet. Truth is, I don't really know what to say. I was totally shocked at the news that we were expecting. We have had a few worrisome times, as you can read in some of the earlier posts, but I'm trusting in God to pull us through and bless us with a healthy baby. I can't explain it, but it is the same feeling that I had when we were having such a hard time conceiving. For some reason, I just know that things are going to be all right.

For the record, and I'm putting it in writing so nobody can disagree with me, I think we're going to have a baby girl. I have no reason to think that other than the fact that most of our family (on both sides) has had girls first. I'm definitely not saying that I'll be disappointed if it is a boy, but I just think we're going to have a girl. Either way, all I am really praying for is what every expecting father is praying for - a healthy baby and a healthy momma. Somehow, I trust that God is going to come through on both accounts.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts about becoming a father as the time gets closer and as everything starts to come together. I'm excited. A little nervous, but mostly just excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment