Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spotting...

So, apparently having a baby is a pretty scary and wondrous and miraculous thing. What's scary for us (maybe only me...Matt seems to be pretty calm about it) is that I've been spotting quite a bit. Never a lot at once, just a tiny bit frequently. Here's a little something from an e-mail I sent to a friend tonight:

My spotting is still coming and going. Sometimes it's non-existent, sometimes it's pretty noticeable. The ultrasound showed that I have a couple small sub chorionic hemorages that are probably causing the spotting. The doctor said that they are fairly common, and are caused by the sac attaching to the uterus. The doctor wasn't really concerned about it, since they are small and only in one spot. She said if they were surrounding the sac, she would be much more worried. The spotting seems to be worse when I am experiencing constipation (which sucks, but is very normal for pregnancy...). It kind of makes sense to my non-educated brain though. I mean, if there's pressure behind the uterus, I would think it would naturally force some of the blood out, but who really knows. I'm just trying to stay calm about it until something drastically changes or until my next doctor's appointment - which ever comes first. I see my doc again on July 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment